Seeking Applicants for Utility Operator Position
Job Description and Job Duties
- Assist with Operation of Water Facility and Distribution System under the direction of the Water Superintendent
- Assist with Operation of Wastewater Facility and Collection System under the direction of the Wastewater Superintendent
- Perform or assist in performing repairs on sewer lines, water lines and equipment repairs.
- Perform duties presented to Town Hall by concerned citizens or Town Council Members
- Heavy equipment operating experience is preferred but not required
- Assist with periodic animal control issues
- Assist in reading water meters when needed
- Perform or Assist in performing maintenance of town equipment
- Assist with snow removal and spreading salt during slick road conditions.
- Be on call for Town issues that may arise
- Learn and perform lab procedures for both Water and Wastewater facilities.
- Learn and perform procedures for checking operation of both Water and Wastewater facilities on weekends and holidays.
- Be courteous and respectful to co-workers, Town council members, vendors, all Town residents etc.
Work hours will be 7:30AM – 4:00PM (Monday – Friday) with some weekends, once trained.
Sick and Personal Time
Vacation after one year of employment
United Healthcare Insurance
Public Employee Retirement Fund
AFLAC Supplemental Insurance if desired
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at Town Hall during regular business hours. (7:30AM – 4:00PM)
Possible hire date sometime during early February.